•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

for those of you old enough....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 moynihan

moynihan

Vanguard

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 November 2004 - 08:50 PM

http://www.ajaegers.com/

#2 Tim2723

Tim2723

The Moon Guy

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:37 PM

Good lord! I thought they went out of business years ago! Their catalog and the Edmund Scientific catalog kept my imagination buzzing (back when I still had imagination). :grin:

#3 Don W

Don W

demi-god and Chairman of the Finance Committee

• Administrators

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:33 AM

Wow, a blast from the past. I heard rumors that they were coming back. I wonder who's behind it?

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 13 December 2004 - 05:57 PM

My father Albert Jaegers Jr. is behind it...my father took over the business from my grandfather

Albert Jaegers III

#5 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:39 AM

Welcome Mr. Jaegers,
I made acquired several eyepieces and objectives from the original company in the 70's. I'm glad to see the company is back and wish you all success in the new venture.

#6 FAB

FAB

Stargeezer

Posted 15 December 2004 - 02:43 PM

My father Albert Jaegers Jr. is behind it...my father took over the business from my grandfather

Albert Jaegers III

I bought a 4" mirror and secondary around the early 1950s from Jaegers to use in building my first "real" telescope. I used that scope for many years, and finally gave it away circa 1965. If I still had it, I'm sure it would need realuminizing. Is there a warranty? :jump: Welcome to CN. When I saw the name here about two weeks ago, it sure brought back a lot of memories. I'm glad you're back.
FAB

#7 FAB

FAB

Stargeezer

Posted 15 December 2004 - 03:13 PM

I just revisited Jaegers' website. I can't believe they still list Making Your Own Telescope by Allyn J. Thompson in their book section. I bought that as a boy, and must have devoured it cover to cover at least half a dozen times. In fact, I still have that same book over half a century later. It's a tad more expensive now $14.95 instead of $3.95, but still a bargain. Wow! Talk about bringing back memories.

FAB

#8 Bob W6PU

Bob W6PU

Vanguard

Posted 24 December 2004 - 02:36 AM

Hello folks! This is my first posting on Cloudy Nights, and I'm sure happy to see some old timers like myself posting!

You all sure bring back memories, as I first started with a 3" "Skyscope" cardboard tube newtonian, back around 1946. Graduated to a 3" Bardou refractor, and later to a 5" Alvan Clark refractor. Wish I still had them, but at age 19, cars and girls were more important than astronomy for me-HA! Had both Engles(Sp?) and Thompson when I built my first 41/4 and 6" reflectors. I am just amazed at the wealth of information available on Cloudy Nights, and have been lurking untill the wee hours every night for the past week just going through the big binocular postings, as I just ordered a Barska 15X70.
Cheers to all!
Bob Martinez/W6PU in N.NM
Equipment: 10" Trecker Newt. 8X30W Swarovski, 7X50 USN B&L, 7X50 Hensoldt/Zeiss , 11x80 Meade.

#9 Cerberus

Cerberus

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:47 AM

WOW! Thats great I can't belieeve you're back!

#10 Vic Menard

Vic Menard

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:35 PM

Still have my 5-inch f/5 Jaegers refractor, mounted proudly on my 22-inch StarMaster. Built the scope around the lens/cell assy. for Halley's Comet almost twenty years ago. Got some great images of Halley's and the scope is still a crowd pleaser.
http://www.backyarda...er11/page1.html

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics