•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Controlling the scope from a pc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 October 2003 - 01:34 AM

I purchased the meade software and lead (#505 SkyChart Astro Software/Cable Connector Kit) to link the computer upto the EXT125 but i am having problems....

The software is just not capable of finding the scope when i ask it to connect no matter if i plug it into the 497 handcontroller or direct into the AUX ports on the scope base....Anyone use the software and can help in any way ?

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 October 2003 - 05:53 AM

It should go into the second port on the AutoStar. Have you tried the AutoStar Update Program to see if that can find the autostar. Also check for any programs that also use the COM ports (fax programs etc..), I have to remember to turn off the hotsync manager for my PDA to get a connection.

Ian

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 October 2003 - 06:03 AM

OK that confirms it goes into the autostar....one thing i noticed is the screen on the autostar goes blank when i try and make a connection and remains blank until i un-plug the lead or close the software so i presume that a signal of some descriptions is getting through....

New info...fixed the problem...the lead was faulty...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics