•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

StarGPS for ETX 497

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 October 2003 - 04:30 PM

If you have been to the Scopetronix site lately you will have seen the GPS add-on being offered for the 497 Autostar.
Having a Garmin E-Trex, I ordered the version without the receiver. Yes, it works just fine. I like it.

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 October 2003 - 02:49 AM

I presume it connects to the autostar does its job then you can disconnect it....I have a laptop connected through the autostar most of the time so i cant have both.... :question:

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 October 2003 - 09:29 AM

Yes, it is supplied with a cable which connects directly between the E-Trex and the Autostar. After satellites are acquired, turn on the scope. In a few moments latitude, longitude, and UTC are downloaded to the Autostar, which you can verify by checking Autostar's readout against the E-Trex readout. Now you can turn off the E-Trex and disconnect.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics