•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Am I Ever Going to Need Your Help!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
608 replies to this topic

#601 Vesper818

Vesper818

Astronomess

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

Hi Carol
I've been reading and following your build all along, but figured chiming in with too many Carols might be confusing.
This is the most aesthetically pleasing observatory I've seen to date, and the name is perfect. You go, girl!
left coast Carol

#602 James Paulson

James Paulson

Vanguard

• -----

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

I have read this thread for about 3 hours now and it's been fantastic. I wish I had something like this when I built my observatory back in 1986 to refer to. Your observatory is one of the nicest I have ever seen Carol, and I know that you will continue to add to it. I hope you will add more to this thread as you do. You have me seriously thinking about building another one after reading this remarkable project. And if you should ever think about the money you spent, trust me, 20 years from now you will look back with some very happy memories of doing this when someone comes along and posts a thread like this on CN and reminds you of that wonderful feeling of "when I built my observatory."

James

#603 CarolG

CarolG

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:48 AM

Thanks so much, lc Carol! I wish you had chimed in more often, though. The more Carol's, the better, is the way I see it. This has certainly been a 'learning as I went' project, and due,to a large part, to the wealth of knowledge shared here, it turned out better than I could have ever dreamed of.

#604 CarolG

CarolG

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:56 AM

Hi, James. Wow, you've spent 3 hours going over this thread!! I haven't even done that. I can't even begin to imagine what this project would have been like without all the help provided in this forum. The mistakes I would have made would have been endless. In fact, I don't know that I would have even tackled this observatory construction if not for the help and encouragement given to me here. Everyone here helped me believe that I could really do this, so Cor Caroli Observatory really belongs to everyone here who helped me along my journey!! Thank you, Everyone, so very much!! :bow:

#605 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama & Gold Star Award Winner

• Moderators

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

Hi Carol
I've been reading and following your build all along, but figured chiming in with too many Carols might be confusing.
This is the most aesthetically pleasing observatory I've seen to date, and the name is perfect. You go, girl!
left coast Carol

There can never be too many Carols! :lol:

#606 CarolG

CarolG

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:10 PM

:waytogo:

#607 Scott Horstman

Scott Horstman

Vendor - Backyard Observatories

• Vendors

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

There can never be too many Carols!

As long as we're not talking Christmas carols. :lol:

#608 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama & Gold Star Award Winner

• Moderators

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

You don't ever want to hear this Carol sing :noway:

#609 CarolG

CarolG

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

I quit trying to sing years ago!!

Just an update about my obs since we had wind (50mph) driven rain (6"). When I went inside after the rain there were 4 little puddles inside, plus some leaking around the door threshold. I finally figured out the 4 puddles were probably caused from no caulking (was going to get around to it later) on the roof transition panel seams under the dome lip. The wind most likely blew the rain under there, at least I hope that was the cause. I caulked there and will have to wait until another rain to see if that was the problem. With the door, I just guessed. I had put a weather stripping on the bottom of the screen door to keep creepy crawlies out while I was inside. I think that stripping just created a dam for the water to back up inside. Again, I'm just guessing and will have to see if removing the weather stripping will help. If anyone has any other ideas on where to look, please let me know. Other than these problem areas, all was nice and dry inside.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics