•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Searching for that right hard case for NEXSTAR11

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#26 rboe

rboe

ISS

Posted 09 November 2003 - 09:38 PM

You forgot to mention its' Celestron orange too. That drop down extention is trick. You wouldn't have a brand name would you?

#27 ridurall

ridurall

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 09 November 2003 - 10:53 PM

I just went out to my garage to check it but there was no brand name on it. Even did google search for hand truck w/folding nose and the only ones I found were way too high priced. I suggest checking at a big farm supply store that sells feed. If I get to town tomorrow I'll try to remember to check on it.

Ron

#28 Rusty

Rusty

ISS

• In Memoriam

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:27 AM

More on the JMI case (Or, will the "undocumented features" never end?)

Well, after sitting in my inside storage area undisturbed for three weeks, I tried to open my N11 JMI case to show my sister the scope. The top refused to go beyond about 30 deg without protest. I finally forced it open.

Figuring it was a bent or bowed hinge (which was impossible, because nothing could have damaged the case), I found it was a bowed hinge. I suspect this happened becasue the plastic was still curing, and the stress caused the edge of the case to deform. So, yet another case modification project...I'm SO happy. :flame:

#29 ridurall

ridurall

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 10 November 2003 - 04:35 PM

Ok Ron, Checked with the farm store today and found the info on the hand truck. It's a DDI Sack Hand Truck and sells here for $39.96. I also finally found a link to the maker. http://www.ddicorp.c...diweb/pthh3.htm Good luck tracking one down.

Attached Thumbnails

• 19335-DDI Sack Hand Truck.jpg

#30 rboe

rboe

ISS

Posted 10 November 2003 - 10:17 PM

I knew I guy named Ron had to be an gentleman. Many thanks, I owe you one. :bow: :bow:

#31 Rusty

Rusty

ISS

• In Memoriam

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:57 PM

I like that feed sack hand truck, Ron! Gotta find one.

More on the hinge issue with the JMI case - although the hinge was warped, its main need was not for straightening, but for lubrication - a bit of SuperLube, and it's easy to open.

OT - I finished cutting the foam for my New Improved EP case - anybody need about a bushel of itty-bitty pieces of ground up foam? Note: Forstner bits work great, but they're a teensy bit messy.

#32 ridurall

ridurall

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 15 November 2003 - 10:00 PM

Thanks for the idea Rusty. I'm off to lub the hinges on my JMI.

Ron D.

#33 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 17 November 2003 - 02:33 PM

You can go to JMI's web site and look at the Wheel Upgrade. They look like wheelbarrow tires attached to a bracket on the bottom of the case.

gary

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics