•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

looking to buy power supply for 10" LX200GPS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#26 Mike28

Mike28

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:14 PM

Hi Charles:
If I do reset first will that erase 1.7K and revert back to old software? I would assume it would but you know what happens when we astronomers assume something.......we wind up getting the big bang in our faces! :lol:

#27 Charles

Charles

Skylab

• -----

Posted 14 December 2003 - 12:54 AM

I do not remember whether it killed the latest version or not, but I do think it did. I just remembered that after I reset I did reload the latest version. If I remember correctly I thought the upload was bad and that is what was causing the problems. So I did the reset and reloaded the software and everything worked fine from then on.

Charles

#28 Grizz

Grizz

Vanguard

• -----

Posted 14 December 2003 - 08:07 AM

A reset will not erase the firmware you have loaded now.

It will erase training values, site info, telescope info and the like but the firmware version you last loaded will remain. Meade moves some things when they release new firmware and sometimes memory locations get garbled with old data when installing new firmware, the update sometimes does not clear out these memory locations and your left with a confused autostar looking for info in one place and finding something else.

A reset will clear this up, on one ocassion I had to do 2 resets to bring the autostar back into reality :)

#29 Mike28

Mike28

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 14 December 2003 - 04:33 PM

Hi Craig/Charles:
Well as far as I can tell everything is ok here. Scope work fine with the power suppy. If I find any issues later on I will post it. I just purchased 'STARRY NIGHT PRO 4.5'. At
CompUSA. They didnt have the PLUS but thats ok. Has anyone any thoughts on this program. I havent downloaded yet to pc and laptop hasnt been purchased yet. But looks like my 2003 list of items to buy is just about completed. But weather -you guessed it IS LOUSY WITH SNOW again! :crazy: This year has pretty much been a washout. Only good news today is they got SADAM! :smirk:

#30 Grizz

Grizz

Vanguard

• -----

Posted 15 December 2003 - 08:47 AM

Glad to hear it Mike.

Did you do a reset? Or reload of the firmware? Or did it just start behaving?

Anyway glad to hear its working :)

#31 zccopwrx

zccopwrx

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 01 January 2004 - 08:35 AM

The Celestron power tank is a great package!

#32 melvy

melvy

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:07 PM

This make a great little power supply:

http://www.ragebatte...ory_Code=ps-12v

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics