•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PC-LX200 hyphenation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 jr_

jr_

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 14 October 2003 - 12:38 PM

I'm new in this forum, so perhaps I'm posting something discussed since long; sorry is that is the case.

I suppose that others may have found the same problem. I'd like to control my LX200 from a portable PC. I've been developing a computer program to plot sky maps and one of the objectives was controlling my telescope. Well, the program is (more or less) finished, and the point now is how to build the cable. A friend that owns another LX200 commented my that the diagram in the instruction manual was wrong. Anybody knows whether the scheme is really wrong? How should I connect the cables? I have very few knowledge in electronics.

I hope that somebody could help me.

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 15 October 2003 - 03:59 PM

jr, try this website

You can also buy the cable outright...do a search on google for "meade lx200 cable"

Tom

#3 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

Posted 15 October 2003 - 04:05 PM

Just bear in mind that the cable is different for the LX200 Classic than for the LX200GPS model...

#4 jr_

jr_

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 16 October 2003 - 11:41 AM

Thanks very much, those schemes were exactly what I needed to build the cable. Do you know whether there was a real mistake in the manual?. The model I have is the old one (not the GPS).

#5 jr_

jr_

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 16 October 2003 - 12:29 PM

By the way, do you know if the wire schemes are valid for a PC? (I do not use MACs)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics