•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Which one???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 October 2003 - 04:13 PM

I am not sure, so I thought I'd ask y'all. Which one should I get...the Orion SkyQuest xt6 or the Celestron Nexstar 114 GT??? I would like to look at the moon, planets, stars, galaxies...everything.

Thanks,
Hermione :lol:

#2 Norvin

Norvin

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 18 October 2003 - 04:34 PM

Those are suppose to be good telescopes, but there is another option you maight consider. Several folks here use Hardin Optical Dobsonian telescopes.

http://hardinoptical...escopeshoc.html

Hardin Optical has a 6" for $249 and an 8" for $349. I ordered the 8" a few days ago and it should be here via UPS this upcoming Thursday.

The 6" is a somewhat older silver colored model while the 8" is the brand new white / ivory model that came out this week! Hardin Optical also has a 10" and a 12"... WOW!

I keep hearing that a Dobsonian mount is the best for a beginner without the Go To computer operation.

Hopefully Helpful,
Norivn
Post #21

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:05 AM

I have a 114Gt that I got on Ebay for $235. If you are going to spend in the $300 or more range you can get better but for the money it was a good buy. I'm new to astronomy and am finding it almost addictive. I love mine and I love the GOTO feature.

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:14 PM

Thank you A LOT!!!!

#5 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:19 PM

Norvin,
Thank ya very much!! Is Hardin Optical a good brand? I have never heard of them. The prices sound...awesome, beautiful, a dream! Let me know if you like your 8".

Thanks Again,
Hemione :bow:

#6 Norvin

Norvin

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 19 October 2003 - 04:19 PM

When Thursday comes and I get it, I will let you know after a few days.

Norvin
Post #25

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics