•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Bluetooth Serial Adapter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#101 Joe Lalumia

Joe Lalumia

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

Tom-- good to hear you have it working.

Does Celso have a web site for his product??? or a way for us "users" to contact him? Would he jump on this thread and introduce himself?

Joe Lalumia

#102 tjay

tjay

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

Tom-- good to hear you have it working.

Does Celso have a web site for his product??? or a way for us "users" to contact him? Would he jump on this thread and introduce himself?

Joe Lalumia

Thanks Joe.

Celso claims there will be website soon. I've sent him links to this thread and others, and urged him to join here, because it seems like there is a fair amount of Bluestar confusion with online places and retail stores.

If you need to get in touch with him, PM me and I'll give you his email address.

#103 Edward E

Edward E

Apollo

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

Joe, found out last night that the Mac OS X 10.5.5 Bluetooth system works very well with brand name and generic (cheap) USB Dongles. I was able to wireless connect to my C11 GPS using both a Kinsington and unnamed Dongle using Astroplanner 1.6. I wish I had copies of Voyager 4.5 and Sky X to test. I suspect these applications will work fine as well. So, all 3 of the main OS can be used to control a supported telescope wirelessly. Life is very good! :yay: :thewave:

#104 Joe Lalumia

Joe Lalumia

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

Edward-------- please tell me it's not true! You really are not part of the "Mac"-------- "cult" group! Ha! :) :bigshock: :john:

#105 Edward E

Edward E

Apollo

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:05 PM

Mwa!? Join the Mac "Cult"? Never!! "I will never join Steve and the Dark Side" :jawdrop: I joined the Hackintosh group. Have to love their motto: "Don't each too much yellow snow." with the Mac face wearing a pirate patch. LOL. It was a very cheap way to have an OS X 10.5.5 system for testing purposes. Anyway, you know I'm a Linux fellow with a closet Win XP addiction. :gve:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics