•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

LX200GPS Software Upgrade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mike28

Mike28

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 20 October 2003 - 10:53 AM

Hi all:
I just downloaded 1.7k to my LX200GPS 10". Is there any resetting I have to do? Like calibrating sensors, compass,etc. what exactly does 1.7k affect?

Clear Dark Skies To All
Mike......

#2 Grizz

Grizz

Vanguard

• -----

Posted 20 October 2003 - 11:42 AM

Mike,

After uploading new firmware the autostar does a partial reset. You have to select your scope again (I think it defaults to 8" f/10)And it also defaults to Irvine so you must pick your new site. You must re-train your motors and recalibrate sensors also. If you "Save user data" in the ASU you can then reload it to the autostar. If you did not save it you have to re-do manually.

#3 Mike28

Mike28

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 20 October 2003 - 02:01 PM

Thanks Grizz. I had powered up the scope in living room and it asked for scope size so I changed it to 10" and I then pointed it (site) to Morristown (closest to me). when I take it out sometime soon (I hope) I will recalibrate the sensors.But its nice to know that software is now current. I originally had 1.0, then upgraded to 1.6b. I think the new scopes are now coming out with 1.7K software.
Now both my scopes (own a Nexstar11gps) are up to date. :jump:

Mike......

#4 Mike28

Mike28

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 23 October 2003 - 02:00 PM

One other note after downloading 1.7K, I had to train the drive. After I ran into problems with scope running away when going to a target I called Meade and they advised me to train the drive by following directions in manual. I did and used a fixed point object (did it in daytime) and scope is running fine. It took 5 minutes.

Mike..... :jump:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics