•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Apr09 CN Imaging/Sketching Contest Winner!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie Hein

Charlie Hein

Voyager 1

• Administrators
  • topic starter

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

I am pleased to announce the winner of the April 2009 Cloudy Nights Imaging and Sketching Contest - markseibold!

Posted Image

I observed the moon with the public on ISAN April 4 and 5 2009 with use of a Nexstar 5i. I returned home for solitary observation through my 10.1" Newtonian; 32mm Plossl and 9.7mm Super Plossl eyepieces with medium ~ good seeing conditions; light breeze at 51 degrees F, from 6 UT ~ 8 UT April 5 to produce this large 22" X 30" multiple pastel impression on black Stonehenge paper with various off-white, blue and grey dry pastel chalks. Several areas of the terminator and surface areas were rendered in detail with medium high magnification at 180X; finally adding the artists conception from the surface of the moon at bottom. -Mark

[/quote]

To all of you who took the time to stop by and vote for your favorite submission - thank you so much! Your participation really makes the contest!

To all the contestants - every one of your submissions is worthy of winning. Congratulations to all of you on a job done very well indeed!

markseibold, congratulations on your win! Please contact me via PM with your t-shirt size and also the address where you want us to send it!

Charlie

#2 PhotonJohn

PhotonJohn

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:22 PM

Stunning sketch marksiebold! Congratulations on your win!

#3 nofxrx

nofxrx

Vendor (HyperCams & Mods)

• Vendors

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Terrific job Mark!!! Congrats!
The "artists renderring" is absolutely stunning!!!

#4 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:20 AM

Thanks John and Brent

I am considering a series format in which I might duplicate the same triptych (if I can call it that) with the whole moon and several close-up details in the sky from actual eyepiece observation as here, then adding the final lunar-scape as a different surface feature again in each successive art-work.

Mark

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics