•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First film AP in 10 Years

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#26 Nebhunter

Nebhunter

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:52 PM

I've been working hard on my scanning, and learning CS2. What I have been doing is after scanning - putting the film on the light box and looking thru a loupe to match my screen to the film.

I've since changed the monitor calibration a number of times, and have finally settled on Adobe 1998. Now my scan looks way heavy in the magenta.

I've almost come to the conclusion that the guys doing the processing, are doing it on purpose. They don't want to be bothered doing E6. Nightfly has put me onto a lab in Ottawa - which still does hand dip & dunk. Next films go to them.

Firefly

#27 James Paulson

James Paulson

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:28 AM

Are you using your own E-6 processing to do this slide film? I've done a little E-6 processing in a tank, and actually spent about a year working in a la=b doing C-41 and E-6 processing and am familiar with the process, but if I remember correctly E-6 is very temperature dependent. You can vary the temperature slightly to push or pull the process but you will get some color skewing.

Still nice to see slide photos. It brings back memories.

#28 M111

M111

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

I made a composite of two frames for an extra wide view. I aligned the frames manually with Photoshop and it was quite a bit of work tweaking the rotation, etc. Anyone here have a better way?

Attached Thumbnails

• 3225522-C569mosaicc.jpg

#29 Nightfly

Nightfly

Apollo

• -----

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:27 PM

Brendan,

Nice looking composite.

I've had very good luck with autostitch.

www.autostitch.net

Download the demo. It's fully functional, no watermark. Play around with the settings. PM me if you have questions.

It does everything automatically. I've combined up to 7 frames and it's amazing.

Jim

#30 Nebhunter

Nebhunter

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

I like it. Great possibilities with mosaics. Keep at it.

Igor

#31 M111

M111

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for the tip, Jim! Unfortunately, Autostitch could not detect a panorama in my images. My overlaps must be too small. But I did find a solution that had been right under my nose. Photoshop CS4 has improved upon its 'photomerge' feature from previous versions. There is a new mode called 'collage' which can rotate and scale composite pieces and it was able to combine my photos without a hitch.

Here is the output...

View it larger HERE.

Thanks for looking! :)

Attached Thumbnails

• 3228353-35mmmosaic4.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics