•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Einstein @ Home & Other BOINC projects

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:16 AM

We seem to be moving backwards, just checked the stats and we're now 134.

According to the stats page, the team is moving steadily upwards. That shows the previous "Highest World position ever" at 146. It's likely that earlier in the thread when it was noted that you'd entered the top 100, someone was probably looking at Recent Average Credit (which is the default on the "top teams" link from the UWM home page) rather than Total Credit.

In terms of RAC, the CNF Team is listed at #88 (at the time of this posting).

#27 oldsalt

oldsalt

Astro Philosopher

• Loc: Pa - between starparties

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:42 AM

I was looking at Total Credit which places us 134, which to my knowledge would be the true ranking. RAC would show that we placed 88th in recent processing of info for the project.

#28 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:45 AM

I was looking at Total Credit which places us 134, which to my knowledge would be the true ranking. RAC would show that we placed 88th in recent processing of info for the project.

Right. And the outside stats pages will reflect that when they catch up to the data coming from UWM. :)

#29 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 07 March 2005 - 02:10 PM

Cool stats sites guys!! Man, I gotta find some more servers to run this on! I'm just not high enough yet! I've got a new box on order now. I'll have to put it on there too!

#30 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:07 AM

WE're at 70 now, :)
I'll be having another com coming online to help in the next few days.
Funnt thing is my other com 1800+ is ripping them as fast as my 2.53 madness, lol. on seti it was clear this comp was better. :)

Well 108 in total credits, :)
but we've a long way to got to get to the top, along long way. ......

#31 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:11 AM

now 98th total credit, we're getting there, :)

#32 oldsalt

oldsalt

Astro Philosopher

Posted 12 March 2005 - 07:04 PM

We are now 96th overall and 67th for recent credits. The team is still growing.

#33 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:46 PM

atm 95th, :)

#34 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:20 AM

We're now 91st and have been stable for a while. we need more meat.

#35 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:46 AM

I'm in. All my caches ran out on seti@home (despite the fact that I kept LARGE caches) so the machines were idle. They are running parallel setups on seti@home but will soon force all to switch to Boinc so I went ahead and moved the seti stuff also - but lost 8000 units in the process.

#36 NewAstronomer

NewAstronomer

Soyuz

• Loc: Northeast, PA U.S.A

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:28 AM

I joined. I'll have it on 3 computers shortly (2 slow) and eventually a 4th when I rebuild it (also slower). The fastest CPU I have at my disposal is a 1.83Ghz AMD currently.

#37 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 24 March 2005 - 02:15 PM

I just signed up. Fun stuff :grin:

#38 NewAstronomer

NewAstronomer

Soyuz

• Loc: Northeast, PA U.S.A

Posted 24 March 2005 - 03:12 PM

Not sure if this was mentioned but you can set BOINC to run einstein "Always" . I've been doing it all day at work while using SSH clients, Lotus Notes, several web browsers (nothing too CPU intensive) and I forgot it was turned on! By default it will probably only run when your puter is inactive. Set it to "Always on/run" unless your doing something CPU intensive. Like:

1. Build/compile software
2. Using some IDE like WSAD or similar (development tools)
3. Playing games or using graphically instense apps

You can always "Suspend" before using these apps then reanable for normal computer usage. Again I don't even realize its running and I'm on a 1Ghz laptop thats 4 years old.

#39 matt

matt

Vendor (Scopemania)

• Loc: Chaville, France

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:07 PM

OK. I setup BOINC, joined the CN team. Is there anything else I have to do?

#40 matt

matt

Vendor (Scopemania)

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:09 PM

BTW, as this is a scientific endeavour, I'm moving the thread to SASE, and making it sticky there. I'll just leave a pointer there so that you guys don't get puzzled.

#41 redvis

redvis

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:03 PM

Hey, awesome! We've now got 21 members with 17 active. This is absolutely amazing! Our world position according to BoincStats is #91 out of 1,790 teams! Great job everybody. I recently had my work computer upgraded from a 600 MHz to an 866 MHz so that should help me out a bit.

Anyway, glad to see everyone is still interested. What a great team and a great forum!

Cameran

#42 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:10 PM

Is there a page that details what I am looking at on the screensaver? Obviously its a simplified star map, but a bit more detail on what it was doing would be nice.

Thanks!

~Jon

#43 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:40 AM

I joined today....haven't posted any results yet. A question...there are no graphics on the screen saver....just a blank screen. What am I doing wrong?

tlee

#44 silversurfer

silversurfer

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Austin, TX

Posted 29 March 2005 - 12:16 AM

Hey DarkZim,
Check out the screen saver description on the project page at:
http://einstein.phys.../starsphere.php
Clear skies!

#45 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:23 AM

That is exactly what I was looking for. I just couldn't seem to find it. Thank you! :bow:

#46 matt

matt

Vendor (Scopemania)

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:16 AM

Redvis, on my PC he is obviously running a second set, but the status for the first one is "waiting to be sent" (I don't know if it appears this way in English, I'm re-translating something that has been translated in a French version of BOINC). Is there something I must do?

#47 redvis

redvis

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:47 AM

Hi tlee and matt, thanks for joining!

tlee - I have this problem too. I think it has to do with the new version of BOINC (4.25) as I get a blank screen as well. I have not investigated this yet but I'll do some research and get back to you. Don't worry - you're not alone! ;-)

matt - don't worry about the "waiting to be sent" message. Your set will be sent when the second set you're working on reaches about 85% or higher. This confused me too until I realized that it is just the way BOINC works. So the short answer is - no, there is nothing you need to do.

Thanks for joining! We have 22 members and are ranked 88 out of 1850 teams according to Boincstats (www.boincstats.com) and hopefully we'll continue to grow!

Cameran

#48 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:11 AM

Thanks!

tlee

#49 Yruc

Yruc

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Kansas

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:39 PM

I was already doing the Einstein at home and Seti at home, but didn't have a team. I gladly joined the Cloudy NightS Forum Team for both Einstein and Seti.

#50 oldsalt

oldsalt

Astro Philosopher

Posted 03 April 2005 - 03:17 PM

I thought I had installed the screen saver I get nada. BTW we are now 87. Anyone know what the file name for the screensaver is?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics