•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Azimuth motor/controller failure in NexStar 114GT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 November 2003 - 09:27 PM

Saturday night I had my NexStar 114GT out at the local (in that I only had to drive an hour) dark sky site for a what was proceding as a fantastic night of viewing. Unfortunately, about four hours and 22 Messier objects along, my azimuth motor suddenly stopped turning. Everything else appeared to work fine, except that the az motor would not respond to the hand controller. It was a dewy night, so I assumed moisture was the culprit and packed up for the night. Sure enough, the next afternoon I set up the mount in the house and it worked fine.

Tonight, however, I took it out in the backyard for some casual viewing and the same thing happened before I could even complete an alignment. Has anyone else experienced trouble with this motor and/or the az buttons on the hand controller? This bargain scope is turning out to be a very frustrating experience!

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 November 2003 - 12:28 PM

Sorry to reply again to my own post, but I have discussed this with Celestron and it was diagnosed as a defect. I will be exchanging the scope.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 November 2003 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for the followup.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics