•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Meade DSI and Mac OSX

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#26 dml

dml

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 11 September 2005 - 05:20 PM

I'm anxiously awaiting your success with the DSI! I currently use a Mac 17" Al Powerbook and Voyager III with my LX90. I'd be willing to help with testing.
I also have a desktop G4.

#27 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:32 PM

Hey, I'm about to get a DSI pro in the next month or so. If you can come up with a working driver, I'm in. Shareware or whatever. That's awesome, keep up the good work? We need more Mac people to make thest kinds of efforts. Heck, maybe you could sell it to Meade to let them package their product Mac compatible from the start!

Julian

#28 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:46 PM

Julian I am working on the Pro right now, I have a friend in Germany who is having a look at certain parts right now, Im not out for money just fame, I dont mind sharing stuff with other people in the hobby, I learn stuff on CN from other people about astronomy so why ask for money besides Ive aready got a job, this is all hobby.

#29 pollux

pollux

artiste

Posted 14 September 2005 - 12:16 AM

You have a good paying job eh? ;)

#30 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:41 AM

Sure, ask Revenue Canada, thell tell you.

#31 pollux

pollux

artiste

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:56 AM

Since I am sooooo poor I can't afford to do anything for free :(

Maybe someday I could

#32 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:14 PM

Here's a bit of an update, my friend in Germany finally realized Octoberfest is over, he has had some luck but it is not a priority for him because he has other code to write to pay the bills, he did manage to turn on the ccd chip but at this state its not imaging yet, getting the thing turned on doesn't mean it will produce an image, he has sent me back a copy of the code and I will try some things on it.

#33 Dale J Martin

Dale J Martin

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:53 PM

It has been a while since an update...... how's this project going?

Thanks,

Dale

#34 thewitepony

thewitepony

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:51 PM

Anyone working on this anymore? I just got a DSI pro, and have searched for a solution for OS X (which doesn't involce Virtual PC) and Linux, and I've come up with nothing.

It would be great to be able to use it with my powerbook.

#35 thewitepony

thewitepony

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:55 PM

Hello? I don't believe everyone has run out and bought a Macbook yet! There have got to still be other people interested in this. Anyone???

#36 rboe

rboe

ISS

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:18 PM

You could try PM'ing Goggles to see if he is still active. We haven't seen him on the boards for a spell though.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics