•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

ETX105 magnification limit advice needed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 November 2003 - 04:56 AM

Hi everyone
I have just bought an ETX105EC with UHTC, which I am very pleased with. My highest power eyepiece is a 9mm Lanthanum giving around 160x. Looking at Saturn on the one clear night since buying the scope, the image was incredibly clear, bright and contrasty with the Cassini division razor sharp, and I get the feeling the scope will take higher magnifications well. Does anyone have any experience with using high magnifications with the ETX105 UHTC and if so which eyepiece(s) would you recommend?
Many thanks

Phil :bow:

#2 matt

matt

Vendor (Scopemania)

Posted 30 November 2003 - 06:22 AM

You should be able to reach 200-250x on good nights. If ou like the lanthanums you can go for a 6mm Lanthanum. I would not recommend the 4mm lanthanum though, I feel (owned one) it's a little "soft" contrast-wise.

Good plossls and orthos might be a little sharper, but their eye relief is really short when you are talking of FLs under 8mm.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics