•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Swarovski -OUCH!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 ridurall

ridurall

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 December 2003 - 07:20 PM

I was visiting at our local archery shop today and this young man came in with a pair of Swarovski - 10x50mm SLC
binoculars. Seems he found them on the road adjacent to his property where he has some deer stands. Some one was checking out the deer near his stand and must have put them on the roof of their vehicle. At first glance they looked ok but upon closer inspection the right eyepiece was cracked and the focus mechanism was buggered up. Some one had to be very upset when they discovered the loss. :foreheadslap:

#2 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

Posted 01 December 2003 - 07:59 PM

Just post them off to Swarovski.

They'll probably fix 'em free of charge !

#3 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:01 PM

P.S the guy ought to ge thankful they were 10 x 50 SLCs and not the new 8 x 32 ELs !

#4 ridurall

ridurall

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:18 PM

They were still about $1400 worth of binocular. I sure wouldn't turn down a pair. I did surf their repair site on the web and they have two different areas. Warranty service and other service where they after checking out the problem send a estimate of repair cost. They this young guys credit he is putting an add in the lost and found in the paper. If they can identify them they can have them back.

#5 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:54 PM

I WAS only joking -- the new 32mms are hellish expensive but possibly the bes 32mm binos ever made yet.

The 10 x 50 SLCs also belong right up there with the really great ones for sure !

Regards --and I wish the unfortunate owner all the best

Kenny

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics