•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Samsung SDC-435 = 8.5 seconds integration @ $153

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
179 replies to this topic

#176 RickShelton

RickShelton

Mariner 2

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

My thoughts exactly! Well, will see how long it takes to get here from Korea!

I have one the way as well, if not for using paypal I would have been a little leery of ordering something from Korea...

Rick

#177 mclewis1

mclewis1

Thread Killer

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

I'll be waiting ... :gotpopcorn:

:grin:

#178 ccs_hello

ccs_hello

Voyager 1

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

re: PAL 50Hz videocams used in NTSC-M 60Hz countries

A commonly seen problem is the AC beat 60-50Hz = 10Hz which shows up in the screen as a (slightly brighter) wide bar slowly scrolling (up or down). This is independent of if any device (including the TV/video monitor) is AC powered or not. If using AC power, the interference is even more severe. Without AC supply, it has something to do with the "grounding coupled signal". Very often the ground will influence/inject the 60Hz sine wave (if NTSC countries) into the signal path.

P.S. the ground is not 0 volt potential. It is also connected to the Neutral (the White-colored wire) in the house power panel as well as in all power distribution substations and power plants.

P.S., sometimes you can even hear the harmonics of 10Hz if the volume is not lowered.

P.S. the story is also true if using 60Hz videocams in 50Hz countries

Clear Skies!

ccs_hello

#179 Tele

Tele

Ranger 4

• ****-

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:41 PM

Thanks Scout72,
I think I'm going to try to stay with the NTSC stuff. I am also over here in Afghanistan right now so I'll give a couple of local venders a try at getting it for me ;)
Clear skies

#180 Dragon Man

Dragon Man

Gemini

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:31 AM

Afghanistan is on the Pal system so you might not find any NTSC products over there

http://en.wikipedia....-NTSC-SECAM.svg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics