•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Is my new Meade LX200 a refurb??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 DaveMess

DaveMess

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:52 PM

Just opened up and setup my new LX200GPS 10". There seems to be an awful lot of scratches everywhere even though the scope seems to work fine. How can I tell if this is a refurbished unit? Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

#2 tacode

tacode

Explorer 1

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:01 AM

Sounds like you got a floor model maybe? Where did you buy it from? If you bought it new, at list price, and are not satisifed with it, send it back!

I bought a refurb ETX70 from the meade outlet and it has a refurb sticker on the OTA.

#3 mtnmedic

mtnmedic

Late for dinner

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:59 AM

Methinks you got a refurb or floor model. Ugh. Which is fine with me if I'm getting a helluva deal. If you paid the price for a new one, then you have the right to point out the flaws and insist on a new scope. The longer you wait, the more it will seem that you agree with what you have.

#4 Jefferson1964

Jefferson1964

Viking 1

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:06 PM

If you got a great price and all is in working order be happy. If you paid full list price make a phone call and explain your concerns. If its is a refurb or floor model tell em you want a discount or your sending it back.....When i recieved my lx200 last august it was new and had been inspected by OPT...

#5 pber2025

pber2025

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:03 PM

I bought my scope used from a local dealer. Since I wanted to check the scope before purchasing it, I had the salesman set it up next to their floor model.

The floor model had more small scratches and looked older then the 4~6 months old scope I was inspecting.

I believe floor models are exposed to dust much more then scope used normally. If you think you got a floor model check with the dealer you purchased it from.

Did the dealer say he tested the scope? If he says, that it came directly from Meade, check to see if the GPS location is still set to a city somewhere in California....

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics