•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Oberwerks 22x100 Impressions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 December 2003 - 12:21 AM

Just used my Oberwerks for the first time. Very nice! Optics seem great after collimating them. I got great views of Saturn and could clearly separate the planet and rings. Definitely have to mount these, I couldn't come close to hand-holding them.

Haven't tried them for terrestrial views yet, that'll hopefully be tomorrow. Figures, a storm is coming in tomorrow. But, overall I'm happy with them. They are quite bigger than I thought they would be. Definitely a great deal at $395.

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 December 2003 - 10:59 AM

Hi, I saw someone post about buying a hard plastic case for a pistol from wal-mart for about $8. He said it fit his 15x70s and another pair in the same box. I assume that you could find something similar for your 22x100s.

good luck

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 December 2003 - 02:06 PM

It's a great shame that the Chinese can't address their variable Q.C. God help other world manufacturers when they do !

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 December 2003 - 02:55 PM

Thanks, I just picked one up from Wal-Mart. It's about 2" short for my 22x100's, but fits my 15x70 and 7x50's perfectly.

#5 Rusty

Rusty

ISS

• In Memoriam

Posted 07 December 2003 - 10:06 PM

Dan,

The grease from the objectives showed up on mine after some heavy dewing - it appeared to be rust; Kevin said that some of the grease will leach out ( hope it won't leach IN....). I'd call Kevin for replacement eyecups - (I got the optional ones recommended for eyeglass wearers, but they don't have caps). I'd also ask about the rattling - mine don't rattle.

I'm going to cut foam for mine to accommodate the mounting disc and probably the shoe for the Bogen head, and that'll possibly require a new case. :rainbow:

#6 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 December 2003 - 12:18 AM

I bought them from OpticsPlanet.com, I'm going to send them back for exchange tomorrow. Too many things wrong with them. Almost looks like they were a display model or something.

#7 Rusty

Rusty

ISS

• In Memoriam

Posted 08 December 2003 - 01:12 AM

Or something - all my Obers have come from

http://www.oberwerk....nos/default.htm

and I've been pleased... :jump:

#8 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 December 2003 - 10:55 AM

Well, it looks like OpticsPlanet may have sent me a pair that were previously returned after speaking with Oberwerks. I spoke to Kevin and he's going to take care of everything for me. I am impressed with Oberwerks customer service.

#9 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 December 2003 - 01:58 PM

I bought them from OpticsPlanet.com, I'm going to send them back for exchange tomorrow. Too many things wrong with them. Almost looks like they were a display model or something.

Dan,

I am sorry about the problem. :bawling: Yes, please contact us, and we will have a new pair shipped to you - if you would like, we can fax you the UPS label for return . We do NOT sell used/demo/returns from Oberwerk, and we have not had many issues with Oberwerk at all, but things like that do happen with all brands (except Swarovski - not a single return in three years). Both, Oberwerk and OpticsPlanet do stand behind the products we offer, so there should not be any issues as far as getting a new pair quickly.

#10 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:12 PM

Well, it looks like OpticsPlanet may have sent me a pair that were previously returned after speaking with Oberwerks. I spoke to Kevin and he's going to take care of everything for me. I am impressed with Oberwerks customer service.

Ooops, just noticed this post. I am glad it is working out.
Just to clear things out, OpticsPlanet.com does not re-sell demo's or returned optics without an inspection by the manufacturer – all returned units are shipped back to the vendor.
All of our ***factory*** demo models that we just got today are clearly marked as well and still come with all the warranties and support from us and the manufacturer.

I do agree that Kevin @ Oberwerk is great, and as I said, both companies, Oberwerk and OpticsPlanet.com stand behind the products we sell and will take care of any issues that might come up.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics