•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Can't find info on Pentax 9x63 DCF binoculars?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 December 2003 - 07:46 PM

:question: I have found a new (but dusty) pair of Pentax DCF 9x63 binoculars in a little camera store that I may be able to haggle the price down to about $450US.

I am assuming that they are an old discontinued model as I can't find anything on the internet about them?

Are they any good for astronomy? Anyone have a pair?

Any help on specs, etc and advice regarding these for the price ($) would be fantastic!

Frilby :winky:

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 December 2003 - 10:17 PM

In addition to the above, the binoculars are on display in a shop window that gets full afternoon sun (and I am assuming would have no airconditioning on Sundays when the shop is closed, etc).

Is this likely to be a problem with the optics/alignment, etc (as I have read that excessive heat is not necessarily a good thing when it comes to precision optics)?

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 December 2003 - 10:45 PM

Man, I turned up nothing on these binoculars! I think if you focus on the fact that they are Pentax binocs, the pluses I have heard about them has to do with the mechanics of them more than the optics. There are several discussions in our forum here about the Pentax line. Sorry I can't be of much help.

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 December 2003 - 09:01 AM

Thanks Tom... Appreciate your input anyway!

With any luck someone else may have come across them. I sent Pentax an email, but I'm not sure how long before (if?) I get a reponse... :shrug:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics