•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NexStar Imaging

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
403 replies to this topic

#401 Alex Post

Alex Post

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:14 AM

A beautiful image indeed. Was it really this color, or you applied filters/processing?

#402 Alex Post

Alex Post

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:19 AM

Here is my M42 from the trip to very dark skies of northern New Mexico.

Posted Image

100 samples at 10 seconds, NexStar 8SE, f/6.3FLR, IDAS LPS filter, Canon XSi camera. Processed in DSS, levels and color balance with photoshop.

Frankly, I caught a dark sky fever. And that led to my ultimate demise. I went to New Mexico to do ONE good object in 4 nights. I chose M33. A formidable target and I should have stayed with it. Instead I started AP-hopping. I did only 400 or so M33 shots, then switched to M45 then to M42, then to some other targets. What a shame. On top of all of that I used a light pollution filter. Why? is beyond me now, but sounded like a good idea at the time.

I was hoping that the dark skies will lead to some miracle data. Well, now I know it does not. Not without a proper light collection.

#403 astroman68

astroman68

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:44 AM

The only processing done was resizing, and no filters were used. The picture is straight off the camera. I used a Konica-Minolta Dimage Z10. Don't know why but the camera seems to grab colors better than the eye.

This picture is done with the Canon eos 300d, again no processing or filters only resizing.

Both pictures taken in auto mode with flash off.

Regards, Paul

Attached Thumbnails

• 4065400-IMG_5033.JPG

#404 Greg K.

Greg K.

CN tech guy

• Administrators

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:26 PM

Ummm - vacation pics don't really belong here. Thanks.

Ok Guys - since Alex started a new image thread, and linked to this one in the first post, I'm going to lock this one down. I've created another thread for discussion.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics