•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Orion mini giant

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Inkswitch

Inkswitch

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 10 December 2003 - 01:07 AM

I am thinking of buying the Orion Mini Giant 8X56 binoculars. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I have a scope but do not currently own binos so I am kind-of doing things backwards. Everything I read says you should own binoculars. Anyway thanks in advance for any input.

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 10 December 2003 - 03:07 AM

What kind of scope do you have?

I have the Orion Little Giant II 11x70's and like them a lot. I got them as a "Second" (returned or show model) and the optics seem in perfect condition plus there were hardly any exterior imperfections. I would recommend you look at www.bigbinoculars.com. A lot of people really like the Oberwerks and they are much cheaper than the Orions. Generally Orion is good but you aren't going to get any bargins.

#3 Inkswitch

Inkswitch

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 10 December 2003 - 05:51 PM

I have the orion skyquest 6 inch dobsonian. I really like
it, if only the clouds would go away.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics