•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

NexStar8i and Apogee 2" SCT Focuser

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:24 AM

I may be able to acquire an Apogee 2" SCT Crayford focuser for my 8i but wondered whether or not I'd then face more problems? In particular I was concerned about the clearance between the scope base and focuser/diagonal? I'm assuming the focuser must be attached to the scope directly and then the diagonal could be inserted into the focuser? If so wouldn't this simply stop the scope being able to slew towards polaris etc? I'm going to fire off an email to Apogee makers but wanted to check here to see if I could get a quick clarification?

Thanks in advance

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 10 December 2003 - 08:21 AM

I may be able to acquire an Apogee 2" SCT Crayford focuser for my 8i but wondered whether or not I'd then face more problems? In particular I was concerned about the clearance between the scope base and focuser/diagonal?

It's an issue but there's a solution. Check out Ray's Brackets at www.buyastrostuff.com - they permit moving the optical tube forward which solves both the clearance and the balance problems when mounting heavy accessories on the back.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 December 2003 - 11:10 AM

Thanks, I suspected as much. One accessory after an another.
This one goes a little further than I would feel comfortable with.

:)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics