•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Project picture

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 December 2003 - 01:29 PM

This is my parallelogram I made, and I attached it to a swivel patio chair. Works great.

Attached Thumbnails

• 28806-chair1.jpg

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 December 2003 - 01:37 PM

Nevermind.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 December 2003 - 02:34 PM

Hi Dan,

Your picture is over 500K in size. The max size we strive for is 60KB. Would you edit this and change the picture to a reduced one. It may help your jaggies also.

Now then, that is an awesome looking setup! Does the top portion just rest on the top of the ladder or is the base of the swivel bolted to the top of the ladder? Very nicely done!

Tom

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 December 2003 - 03:43 PM

I tried to reduce it, but the smallest I could get is 215kb and still have it in the picture. How else can I reduce it's size?

It's attached to the ladder via a small lazy susan bearing that I found at a hardware store. The bearing is still a little wobbly, but I'm in the process of making it sturdier.

#5 Craig Simmons

Craig Simmons

Surveyor 1

Posted 14 December 2003 - 03:53 PM

Is there a center bolt in the lazy susan bearing? If not, it would help pull the mount pieces on either side of the bearing together and take up the slop in the bearings. You'd probably have to place the parallelogram center support off center or notch it to make room for the center bolt.

Craig Simmons
Falls Church, VA
www.novac.com

#6 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 December 2003 - 03:57 PM

No there isn't a center bolt, just four outer bolts. Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do. Haven't figured out a way to do that and still make it rotate smoothly yet.

#7 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 December 2003 - 05:04 PM

How about a washer made from the plastic of a milk jug...same concept as the Dob base. Works great.

You'll need a SW package to reduce your picture. I don't know what SW you are using but you should be able to easily reduce it under 60K. I use PhotoDeluxe and Photoshop to name a few. Lots of free ones available on the net

#8 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 December 2003 - 05:41 PM

There we go, that should be under 50kb.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics