•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Astronomy's "Binocular Universe"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:22 PM

At long last, Astronomy magazine is featuring a one page "what's up this month" for binocular viewing. Phil Harrington is writing the monthly piece...or at least this month's piece. I welcome this addition. It's a long time coming IMO. They always have a similar section for telescopes of course...and I have found it to be well writen and very informative even though I don't own a 'scope, but it is nice to see a dedicated section for binoculars. :grin:

#2 Alby

Alby

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:57 PM

NW;

That's cool. Will it cover a range of easy to tough binoc objects....or just the easy/brightest ones?

Alby

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:58 PM

It's monthly so I imagine that Phil will focus on regions of the sky that are up and accessable for the monthly. Easy, tough, brightest? Well, I think he makes his descriptions assuming that you have at least 10x50 bins, maybe 7x50.

#4 chascar

chascar

Messenger

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:30 PM

I just got thew june Astronomy and am looking forward to reading harringtons article on star clusters

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics