•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

BT100-45 with filters ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:07 PM

Hi,

Little introduction: I'm new to binoculars, new to cloudynights, not new to astronomy (well - some hopping using a lx90 - but I sold it). Location: Netherlands, Rotterdam

I'm about to order a BT100-45 but i was wondering, can I use filters? If so can I use them the same way as I did with the LX90 (since the filters are applied on the eyepieces).

Also, do I need a dewshield as a SCT like my old LX90 ?

#2 EdZ

EdZ

Professor EdZ

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:50 PM

Yes.

The BT-45 takes standard eyepiece sets. Any filters you are currently using screwed into the eyepieces could also be used in the eyepiece sets. And in fact, some say the best application is to use just one filter on the dominant eye.

edz

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:04 PM

On the dominant eye only :confused:
That sounds weird to me.. What if I'm using some fancy nebula filter or more drastic: lightpolution filters

(I updated my startpost with an extra question.)

#4 EdZ

EdZ

Professor EdZ

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:15 PM

nebula filters - one suggested. then the dominant eye picks of the nebula and the other eye picks up the stars.

light polution filters - I guess you want two.

edz

#5 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:39 PM

nebula filters - one suggested. then the dominant eye picks of the nebula and the other eye picks up the stars.

Mmmm. sounds still weird but it makes sense

light polution filters - I guess you want two.

Lucky me that is it possible to stack them :) Just have to get one extra to filter out those annoying streetlights..

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics