•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

APM-100mm binocular telescope

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Olivier Biot

Olivier Biot

Amused

• topic starter

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

APM-100mm binocular telescope

#2 1gregory

1gregory

Lift Off

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:06 PM

I also have this binocular. I found that the supplied eyepieces were horrendous for producing false color. When using much better EPs the color becomes much less objectionable, and shows with this binocular is really capable of.... I also found that some of the eyepiece pairs I have for my DenkII binoviewer would simply not fit in the EP holders on this binocular. I contacted the folks at APM America and they confirmed that some eyepieces which they say are "over spec" will not fit....

All in all I was relatively happy with this binocular on a Quarter Hitch mount, more so now on a DM-6...

#3 mexjon

mexjon

Poet Laureate

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:23 AM

I would like to know which mount that bino is on for this review? I can see it in the picture, but then, I can't recognize brand and model.

It's a nice review, and makes me want to purchase.

Thanks

#4 SBrian

SBrian

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

Mexjon sorry for the delay I did not realize that this was a link to my review. The Mount is an old Manfrotto Tripod 3046 with a Manfrotto 3063 head which works out realy quite well.

This the current post running for that review.

http://www.cloudynig...art=&PHPSESSID=

Best regards

Steve

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics