•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

(SMT with LPI & Autostar Suite) or non-SMT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 December 2003 - 11:00 PM

Hello All,

I can get a 10" LX200GPS-SMT UHTC with LPI & Autostar Suite for $2980 or I can get the older 10" LX200GPS UHTC for $2730 and save $250. Should I stick with the newer scope? Are there any other differences I should be aware of? :confused:

Thanks and regards,
Tom

P.S. It's interesting to note that by themselves the SMT "upgrade" is $99 and the LPI & Autostar Suite is $149 which exactly add up to the $250 difference between the scopes.

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

Posted 27 December 2003 - 11:03 PM

The only differences are the $99 SMT and the $150 LPI package - which means you could always add them later if you change your mind and it won't cost any more than buying the more expensive one now.

If you aren't going to use it in a fixed installation the SMT won't be worth much for you. The LPI is OK unless you already have a good webcam.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics