•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What's new in 100mm to 125mm.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 tjswood

tjswood

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:46 PM

Folks,

Partly because I am curious, but what "new" products are in the pipeline for big bins. I will throw a couple of starters in hopes to discover more.

- First, I heard that Miyauchi has a Saturn III in the works - a 40x100 ED version. No more flourite... too expensive to manufacture compared to ED. Not sure if it has upgradealbe or prioprietary EPs yet.

- Next I heard that TMB is working on a big bin in the $1000 price range, not sure of the size. It has Russian made optics and is tryig to hit the sweet spot in cost, size and optical quality.

- Last, I heard that Nikon was producing a new model that is a little cheaper (< 3000$) with 120mm objectives. Just a rumor here, I tried to verify but had trouble.

Anyone care to add??

Tim

PS - Is Oberwerks working on any new versions of a 45 degree model, anything in the pipeline there.

#2 grbrown

grbrown

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:52 AM

Tim,

Seems nobody loves you!

The news on the Oberwerks front is that the latest 45 degree model has universal 1.25 inch eyepieces. Makes them more usable and attractive - we have just bought a pair!

Graham. :bigshock:

#3 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:37 AM

The news on the Oberwerks front is that the latest 45 degree model has universal 1.25 inch eyepieces. Makes them more usable and attractive - we have just bought a pair!

The more times goes on, the more I lean towards the Oberwerk being my next big bino purchase. The interchangable eps is the clincher.

BTW, what happened to Tim? He's apparently vanished. My guess is that he hasn't come in from the backyard yet. Those new binocs can do that to a person. My wife didn't see me for weeks after my 25x100's came in!

MikeG

#4 grbrown

grbrown

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:53 PM

Mike,

If you look closely at his photo, I wonder if Tim is stuck in the snow!

Graham.

#5 Joe Ogiba

Joe Ogiba

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:08 PM

See Chinese 50x150's here and here .

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics