•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Cave Mirror Registry

• Please log in to reply
983 replies to this topic

#976 ssqu

ssqu

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 30 August 2020 - 03:11 PM

I actually found the bigger Cave mount for sale and moved the OTA to that mount. The IEQ45 Pro is 4” taller than the Cave big mount at the saddle so not that much taller. I have not had an issue so far with the OTA hitting the legs. The rotating rings make observing with a bigger reflector so much easier, what a wonderful invention.

Scott

Edited by ssqu, 30 August 2020 - 03:17 PM.

• L. Regira likes this

#977 ssqu

ssqu

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 30 August 2020 - 03:14 PM

I just looked again at the Cave Registry. Tim Parker had already registered M749724. So it is just a change of ownership.

Scott Squires

• tim53 likes this

#978 tim53

tim53

Hubble

• Loc: Highland Park, CA

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:08 AM

I just looked again at the Cave Registry. Tim Parker had already registered M749724. So it is just a change of ownership.

Scott Squires

When I read your first post, I wondered if it was that scope!:  https://www.cloudyni...tweight deluxe

I really had a hard time deciding to part with it, because of the 8" Newtonians I'd tested at the time, it had the best optics of the bunch by a small margin.  

And you're right - the Cave rotating rings really made observing with a Newtonian quite enjoyable.

-Tim.

#979 PiSigma

PiSigma

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: Indianapolis

Posted 31 August 2020 - 04:49 PM

Scott Squires

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the update. I will have it noted in the next edition that I will post here in a month or so.

#980 ssqu

ssqu

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:06 PM

When I read your first post, I wondered if it was that scope!:  https://www.cloudyni...tweight deluxe

I really had a hard time deciding to part with it, because of the 8" Newtonians I'd tested at the time, it had the best optics of the bunch by a small margin.  

And you're right - the Cave rotating rings really made observing with a Newtonian quite enjoyable.

-Tim.

Tim

It is the one you sold me. As I said I found the bigger deluxe mount and used that for the last couple years. I decided to mount it on my IEQ45 Pro and it is so much easier to use and almost zero wobble in the eyepiece. It really is a great mirror! Right now it is at Ostahowski Optics being recoated. 

I often think of how much fun it was to see your telescope collection! Thank you for taking the time to show me everything.

Scott

• tim53 likes this

#981 cavedweller

cavedweller

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Ridgecrest, CA

Posted 15 September 2020 - 10:43 PM

Hello Jon,

I purchased the 12.5" Cave Model D Transportable from Vinay, as advertised in the classifieds, with mirror number 727700.

Regards,

David Thomas

aka cavedweller

• L. Regira likes this

#982 PiSigma

PiSigma

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: Indianapolis

Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:36 PM

Hello Jon,

I purchased the 12.5" Cave Model D Transportable from Vinay, as advertised in the classifieds, with mirror number 727700.

Regards,

David Thomas

aka cavedweller

Hi David,

Thank you for the update. I will have the change in the next update that I will post here in a couple of weeks.

Jon

#983 Terra Nova

Terra Nova

ISS

• Loc: Northern Kentucky

Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:48 PM

True dat! That scope and that mount on a short pier would rock! (In a good way.) ;)

#984 icomet

icomet

Mariner 2

• Loc: Montana

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:35 AM

Hello Jon,

Regards,

David Thomas

aka cavedweller

I'm happy you picked up that Cave. Every so often I would look at the ad.

I didn't want to go chase another one down, but you never know with me.

It's been done before.

Hope it gets "revived" and looks great. I'm glad someone on CN grabbed it.

This way we get to see it.

Clear Skies.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics