•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Starry Night Pro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 January 2004 - 09:09 PM

Anyone have any comparative feedback of the Starry Night Pro software suite versus Meade's Autostar Suite. I'm using a 10" LX200GPS-SMT (includes Autostar Suite) and I'm new to astronomy/astrophotography. I understand Starry Night has a wealth of astronomical data and it can interface with my scope. As a newbie to astronomy, will the investment be worth it?

Thank you and clear skys.

#2 Echo

Echo

Gemini

Posted 02 January 2004 - 11:19 PM

Tuco,
I recieved Starry Night Pro for Christmas. I have not connected it to the scope yet but am very impressed with it so far. It has an amazing number of wonderful features. Making a viewing list or locating an object from just about any catalogue takes mere seconds. I'd definitely say it is a good investment.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 January 2004 - 09:05 AM

Tuco,
I'd definitely say it is a good investment.

Thanks Echo. Last evening I downloaded Starry Nights Enthusiast (15-day free trial) and I was amazed with the functionality. I can only imagine the added value with the Pro version. :jawdrop:

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:10 AM

Hello there!

I have Starry Night Pro 4.0, and love it!

The "only" issue that I have with it is that it "requires" a pretty powerful machine to work the way "it should". Since it is loaded with graphics it is pretty intensive, and a not so good machine could have a hard time keeping up with it...

Clear skies!

Ivan
:)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics