•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Oberwerk 11x70

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 January 2004 - 01:49 AM

Hi,

I just bought a new 11x70 Oberwerk binoculars. I am happy about it in general. However, I have noticed that it causes ghost images when viewing birght objects such as the moon and street lights. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Shahin

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 January 2004 - 02:28 AM

I say no its not normal. I bought my 11x70s a few months ago and they show no ghosting at all. They are very bright, I cant get bright stars to a pinpoint(wondering if thats normal...anyone????) but street/porch lights and the moon are very crisp and clear with no secondary images. I did however have a pair of Oberwerk 12X60s that were doing the same thing, I wondered if it was normal too...luckily I had a pair of Ober 11X56s at the same time to compare. Id call Kevin at Oberwerk and tell him what your seeing, hes very willing to work with customers and make things right.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics