•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Opticron Binoculars

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 geoffrey

geoffrey

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 05 January 2004 - 09:10 AM

As a new member, I have not seen any comments on the above. I have recently obtained a pair of 10x50( Imagic TGA WP )after advice from by local Astronomy dealer, and find them to be very good indeed. Eye relief 19.5mm
Here is the site for info:-

www.opticron.co.uk/

Geoff

#2 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

Posted 05 January 2004 - 01:26 PM

Welcome Geoff ,

Probably the main reason for the lack of mention of Opticron
products is because , short of special import , they are not available in the USA.

As true Brits , we are in a great minority on this forum !

I have mentioned Opticron spotting scopes and binoculars several times over on Astromart forums , and am surprised if I haven't done so previously on here too.

I agree with you that many Opticron binos represent very good quality indeed , and excellent value for money , a fact difficult to dispute given the many serious "birders" I've seen using them here in the North West.

Your adviser advised you very well !

Regards --Kenny.

#3 brocknroller

brocknroller

Surveyor 1

Posted 05 January 2004 - 02:30 PM

The 8X42 Imagic was reviewed by the three "expert" reviewers at BWD and made their "favourites list."

http://www.birdwatch...est_binocs.html

The American Birding Assoc. is the co's American distributor, although they do not carry the 10X50 Imagics, only the BGA roof prism 10X50s.

http://americanbirdi...t2/merchant.mv?

Brock

#4 geoffrey

geoffrey

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 05 January 2004 - 02:39 PM

Thanks Brock. You beat me to it. I was about to say I had just read that they were "making inroads" in the USA. Still I hope those who are not aware of Opticron will enjoy the online catalogue.

Thanks for the review links. I have yet to read an Internet review form Stargazers. Will keep you posted. We have only seen the Stars twice here in Manchester Area since about the 20th Dec. and the reports show rain for another 10 days at least. What it must be like to have a warm clear Californian sky?

Geoff

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics