•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Oberwerk 22x100 center focus

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 moynihan

moynihan

Vanguard

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 January 2004 - 12:48 PM

Hi,
I am looking for info on the Oberwerk 22x100 center focus 8+ pound binos. Optical quality, (resolution, contrast, color correction, eye relief) and build (collimation, durability, etc). I have already seen the specs on their site.
Any info or links appreciated.
jay

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 08 January 2004 - 06:14 PM

I don't have anything to compare them to, but I really like them. Build quality is very nice, they seem pretty durable but I wouldn't want to drop them. What swayed me to these was the fact that they do have center focus. I believe most, of not all, of the other brands have individual focusing on the ep's.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 08 January 2004 - 06:17 PM

Has anybody heard from Kevin if the new batch of these is in yet?

#4 Rusty

Rusty

ISS

• In Memoriam

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:36 PM

Besides tripods, I tend to be a binoc junkie (not really, I have fewer than 10 pairs). IMHO, the Ober 22x100s are a true bargain - some fringing, but robust and clear. There are better 100mm binocs out there, but not for $4 large.

#5 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:07 AM

I've read elsewhere that the Obie 22x100's have a limited range of arc on the central axis, such that the minimum interpupillary distance isn't narrow enough for some people. Could you tell me the minimum separation you measure on your binos? Thanks.

#6 Rusty

Rusty

ISS

• In Memoriam

Posted 09 January 2004 - 11:10 PM

I get 58-59mm minimum on mine - note that the mounting bar may cause slightly greater distance, as it can interfere with the binocs being folded completely in.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics