•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Everyting you know about Orion Starmaks 90mm

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Murat

Murat

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:35 AM

Hi,

I've just owned a Mak 90mm. I'm just a beginner and I need every experiences you have on that scope.
Thank you.

#2 Scott Beith

Scott Beith

SRF

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:43 AM

I had the 127mm version and it was a great little scope. Get a good diagonal and a good finder and you will be happy with yours. A dewshield is a needed accessory as well. Good luck and have fun with your new scope.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:21 AM

I have an Orion 90mm Mak and it's a fantastic scope, suitable for both planetary and deep sky observing. It also makes a wonderful solar scope.

Joe

#4 Murat

Murat

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:08 AM

Thank you,

I'm glad to join you.

What more peces you think I have to own now or later in time? I bought an 2xbarlow and a moonfilter. As scott said I'll get a dewshield. And what eyepiece is would be good for DSO?

#5 Bubbinski

Bubbinski

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:57 AM

My Orion Mak has helped me enjoy this hobby more than I can imagine. It is the first scope I feel that I've "mastered". When I got it, I got myself a 90 degree correct image diagonal and 6x30 right angle finder, and I was soon in business, I found it very easy to see the planets and the Orion Nebula. Later I got 9 mm and 20 mm Expanse eyepieces and my observing really took off. The Expanses have bigger eyeholes and have worked great. This week I'm getting an EQ-1M clock drive and a Steady Pix mount for digital camera photos. The 20 mm Expanse and 25 mm Sirius are okay for deep sky stuff but I'd be interested in getting a 32 mm EP or something similar. I've also heard about William Optics 2' diagonals - would they work with this scope?

Justin

#6 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:18 PM

The Orion Expanse eyepieces work very well with the 90mm Mak. I have the 9mm and 20mm and I recommend them highly. I don't use a Barlow. I recommend you get a white light solar filter too. You can get one from Orion.

Joe

#7 Ken603a

Ken603a

Messenger

• -----

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:31 PM

I bought Mak 102 with EQ Mount about 4 months ago. I am really impressed with it. I have spent many hours in my backyard with it and I have enjoyed every minute!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics