•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Apologies to EdZ et al

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 BillC

BillC

on a new path

• topic starter

Posted 04 July 2005 - 03:23 PM

Dear EdZ et al:

Since EdZ “locked” the last thread, I have no choice but to offer my apologies on a new thread.

This is EXACTLY what I thought might happen after Kenny’s review.

I thought I was doing a kind thing for someone I appreciate and respect.
He thought he was doing a kind thing for me and a good thing for the group by reviewing the bino—I promise you I didn’t ask for it.

But as we have seen—and rightfully so—it has placed some folks in uncomfortable situations. This is especially true of EdZ, who was placed in double jeopardy.

I think this goes back to the old saying: “NO GOOD DEED WILL GO UNPUNISHED.”

Even so, I certainly appreciate and respect the position of all.

I have been coming to this list for months and, do date, I don’t think I have taken in a single repair or made a single sale from my presence. Consequently, I am a little hurt that what was intended to be a quiet gesture has turned out causing so much trouble.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE forgive me. And EdZ, if you EVER see another of my comments that you feel will go in the wrong way, will set a bad example, or will hurt someone’s feelings, please feel free to counsel me, or pull the post immediately and without warning.

Cheers,

Bill

PS and for all the nice words in my behalf, I want folks to know that I am not a saint. While I will never work for liars and cheats (to my knowledge), if I took a job with an another optical firm tomorrow, I would be in their court 100%, doing the best I could to promote their products, exclusively—accentuating the positive and diminishing (were possible) the negative.

#2 EdZ

EdZ

Professor EdZ

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:13 PM

Thank you Bill, and everything is fine. And Kenny's review is just fine also (actually, I hadn't even considered that).

You are correct, I did not like being between a rock and a hard place. It was not Kenny's review that made me question what to do next. I was fine with that. I weighed for two days just what to do before a course of events and private discussions led me to realize there was only one right thing I could do.

And just so you know, I think your gesture towards Kenny rates right up there with the best of them. Every good deed deserves a good turn. That will not be not diminshed by this turn of events. Let's just chalk this one up to a learning experience. Maybe it helps us ask ourselves, before I do this, what happens once I do it.

edz

#3 BillC

BillC

on a new path

• topic starter

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:08 PM

>>>Maybe it helps us ask ourselves, before I do this, what happens once I do it.<<<

R U kidding!? I can't handle a burden like that. Besides this is America.

"You can always depend on the Americans to do the right thing . . . just as soon as all other options have been exhausted." --Winston Churchill

Cheers,

Bill (American since 1689)

#4 craig_oz_land

craig_oz_land

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:57 PM

#5 Joad

Joad

Wordsmith

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:00 PM

>>>Maybe it helps us ask ourselves, before I do this, what happens once I do it.<<<

R U kidding!? I can't handle a burben like that. Beside this is America.

"You can always depend on the Americans to do the right thing . . . just as soon as all other options have been exhausted." --Winston Churchill

Cheers,

Bill (American since 1689)

'Ol Winnie was half American himself. This one liner seems worthy of Will Rogers.

#6 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:20 AM

I go on vacation and look what happens! I can't leave you guys for a second! :lol:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics