•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Show off your GPS/CPC setup!

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

#426 Miguel1983

Miguel1983

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:13 AM

i got the same tripod, but it doesn't have the extra spanners (? i'm from Belgium) below.

Is this something you added ? does it help ?

#427 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:47 AM

i got the same tripod, but it doesn't have the extra spanners (? i'm from Belgium) below.

Not sure if you mean the "Eyepiece tray" or "Spreader".

The Eyepiece tray was  made by Star Tek (long gone) so it's only available on the used market.

The Tripod Spreader (I prefer "Tripod Brace")  was made using common Hardware materials (see post #7 & #9)

Both make a difference in stability and the Tray basically acts as a small table holding everything I need (and then some).

#428 Miguel1983

Miguel1983

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:16 PM

The Eyepiece tray was  made by Star Tek (long gone) so it's only available on the used market.

The Tripod Spreader (I prefer "Tripod Brace")  was made using common Hardware materials (see post #7 & #9)

Both make a difference in stability and the Tray basically acts as a small table holding everything I need (and then some).

I have the tray also but the Starizona version, so i meant the tripod brace waytogo.gif

Edited by Miguel1983, 02 March 2018 - 01:17 PM.

#429 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:38 PM

I have the tray also but the Starizona version, so i meant the tripod brace waytogo.gif

Ah, ok.

Cheap and easy to make, yet effective!

#430 Ecleido S Azevedo

Ecleido S Azevedo

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Areado, MG Brazil

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:17 PM

My Celestron CPC 1100 Edge HD 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20180522_170002658.jpg

Edited by Ecleido S Azevedo, 06 December 2018 - 06:21 PM.

• Neptune and Steve C. like this

#431 miamichillin99

miamichillin99

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:31 AM

Nice Set up!  Looks alot like mine.  I added a HC holder and Starizona spreader/tray also.

You must have the older "flat" type JMI case as  I have the FT microfocuser and mine fits in my JMI case with room to spare.

Mine looks like this.

It really is a great set up and I was supposed to sell mine when I acquired my C14/CGE, but so far that hasn't happened!

Oh, I also use a mini rail and counter weights to piggyback an Orion 120ST on top!. Works great!

Mike

Mike

I really like your spreader. Where can I buy one?  I also have a nexstar 8 GPS and its terrible that I cant hold

my eyepieces in a safe and convenient location whe using the scope. Not sure what Celestron was thinking when they designed the spreader on this telescope. 

#432 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:58 PM

Mike

I really like your spreader. Where can I buy one?  I also have a nexstar 8 GPS and its terrible that I cant hold

my eyepieces in a safe and convenient location whe using the scope. Not sure what Celestron was thinking when they designed the spreader on this telescope. 

These were made by StarTek but are long discontinued and are only available on the used market (That's where I got mine some years ago)

#433 Neptune

Neptune

Viking 1

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

Here is my new-to-me CPC11 EDGE HD Deluxe.  Permanently mounted in the backyard. Less than 5 minutes and I'm at the eyepiece viewing with full GOTO. So convenient!

Attached Thumbnails

• CPC11 HD EDGE on pier.jpg

• NenoVento likes this

#434 hongming

hongming

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Shanghai

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:06 AM

My Celestron CPC 1100HD

Celestron CPC 1100HD Front
Celestron CPC 1100HD Back

• Neptune likes this

#435 NenoVento

NenoVento

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Tenerife (Canary Islands, Spain)

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:04 AM

Here is my Limited Edition 50th Anniversary CPC 800 GPS.

IMG_20181011_194036.jpg

I bought it a couple years ago second (probably third) hand with the wedge, the bottom counterweight (not showing), a focal reducer, a 2" diagonal mirror, a couple of EPs (one of them a 9 mm Vixen SLV!) and a dew shield. It is by far the best astro-investment I've ever made.

NV

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics