•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

polar alignment

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 garyc11

garyc11

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:04 PM

when i use the polar alignment function on my c-11 does it caculate where the ncp is or does it just point at polaris for a rough alignment.

#2 JerryWise

JerryWise

Cosmos

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:27 PM

Gary, I believe it's the same routine as in the CGE and the Nexstar I had. If so, it takes the information from your alignment and calculates where Polaris should be if the scope is correctly polar aligned. You then align the mount only until Polaris is centered. The axis should then be toward the NCP.

#3 garyc11

garyc11

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:22 PM

that's what i thought but i was'nt sure. so it's worth doing before you drift align you would be closer anyway.

#4 Eddy

Eddy

Apollo

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:03 PM

Correct,
It calculates where Polaris should after your first alignment procedure. Don't forget you'll need to center Polaris in your EP by only moving the mount's adjustment screws. Than you need to do again an alignment (auto or 3-star) with the mount set to the index marks. After this one you should get pretty good tracking since your mount's axis is aligned with the NCP.
Cheers,

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics