•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What can I see...11x56?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 HubbleO

HubbleO

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

I have not really gotten out with the new Oberwerk 11x56s yet (except for 5 minutes in the very light polluted back yard). What can I reasonable expect to see with them under some pretty bad light pollution conditions (halfway between Detroit and Ann Arbor)? How about if I can make it out to some significantly darker skies?

#2 EdZ

EdZ

Professor EdZ

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:25 PM

See the post in the "Best Of" links titled "What Can Be Seen in Various Sizes Binoculars"

edz

#3 Craig Simmons

Craig Simmons

Surveyor 1

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:12 PM

Dark skies do wonders for small aperture binos and scopes. Plenty of large targets and areas of smaller multiple targets that are more suitable to small binos with a wide FOV than a narrow FOV instrument that only lets you see parts of them.

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 06 July 2005 - 02:45 PM

Heck Craig, dark skies do wonders for all bins and scopes. It's almost like buying a whole new pair of high end bins when you can get out to a really dark spot!

#5 Craig Simmons

Craig Simmons

Surveyor 1

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:02 PM

Yes definitely a gain for all scopes and binos, but the contrast is alot better in dark skies than in LP skies for low mag small apertures than bigger ones. At home here in the Virginia suburbs of DC the view thru binos is pretty washed out most of the time, but the 10" Dob isn't as affected by that as much and I can still see quite a bit.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics