•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Which of these binoculars are best for my needs?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#76 Swedpat

Swedpat

Surveyor 1

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:31 AM

I wouldn't go for a 12x10 binos. Too bad light gathering power for astronomy and barely useful even at a sunny day...

No I joke, I know you mean 12x50...;-)

#77 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:14 AM

Edited! :smirk:

Here's a link to the Nikon bins. Now seriously, can I really go far wrong with a pair of these?

Posted Image

12x50 Specifications

12x50 Specifications

How do these specs look?

These should be great for gazing across the canyon, watching wildlife and looking over New York City and the other cities I'll be visiting, shouldn't they? But they should also be pretty useful for doing a bit (and it won't be much at this stage) or stargazing and galaxy spotting, surely?

#78 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:36 AM

Looks good to me except the magnification might be pushing it for reasonable hand held use for astronomy AND the eye relief. Do you wear glasses?

#79 ChrisR

ChrisR

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:56 PM

If your looking for a solid bino try the Minolta Active WP-FP series. They are a solid performer especially at their price. I very much like Nikons especially the E2 since its in my price range, but the Minolta's are definently a bargain to be looked at.

#80 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:50 AM

Nope, I don't wear glasses.

Thanks Chris - I'll take a look at those.

#81 EdZ

EdZ

Professor EdZ

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:30 AM

Those Nikon Action binocs are not the ones you want to buy.

On that same site, go look under the Hunting and Outdoor category and you will see the Nikon Action Extreme. A number of people have written reviews on both of them here anf the Action extreme has a much wider clearly sharp filed of view Also the AE has much more comfortable eye relief.

edz

#82 NorthCoast

NorthCoast

Vanguard

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:35 AM

Action EX 10X50 CF

:)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics