•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Nikon 10x50 EX vs. non EX

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:30 PM

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I'm looking for some decent but inexpensive 10x50 binoculars and am very interested in the Nikon 10x50 Action EX. I see that there is also an Action series by Nikon without the EX designation. Is there any difference optically between the two series, or is it just the water proofing on the EX that is different.

Thanks,
Ken

#2 eb1019

eb1019

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:19 PM

Hi I am new here too. I own a pair of nikon action extreme 12x50's and they have great quality for $180. Not sure but I think the ex model's which cost more have better coatings and the build quality is better also. Spend the extra money and get the action extreme's.

#3 EdZ

EdZ

Professor EdZ

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:24 AM

There is a significant difference in the optical performance of these two models. the Action Extreme is the better of the two models. Please see the Mini Reviews pinned at the top of this forum for many posts on these models.

edz

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics