•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

A good padded case - suggestions???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:09 PM

Hi gang! I'm new to this forum, and there are a lot of sharp folks on here - so I'll ask this question:

Are there any good padded/shock resistant cases I can use for a pair of Carl Zeiss Jena 10x50's?

My wife dropped my first pair in a parking lot and it cracked a prsim. I now have a second pair, and I realize just how thin/unprotective these cases are. Surprisingly, most on line descriptions of aftermarket cases I have seen devote practically no attention to how protective they actually are, and I don't think retailers really carry anything like that in the store so I can't examine them before I buy.

Since the bino's themselves are not armored, the case is really more critical than ever. I use these a lot for sports, and I am getting paranoid that I'm going to have another mishap. Thanks!

#2 Craig Simmons

Craig Simmons

Surveyor 1

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:35 PM

Pistol cases might be a good solution from what I've heard. I've never used one though.

#3 mooreorless

mooreorless

Just worried

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:45 PM

Hi Maury,I posted information on Cloudy Days down towards bottom under Snug Rugs,they make them for Roof and Porro also make snug-rugs for spotting scopes and handguns.They look really nice to me for protecting bino's.Also welcome aboard.
Steve M

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:03 PM

Steve - Wow - that form factor wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but it looks like it will do the job better than what I was thinking of. Found it for $27 plus $8 shipping. That's pretty decent.

#5 mooreorless

mooreorless

Just worried

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:29 PM

Maury,I sure like the looks of the way the snug rug is made,it sure looks like it would protect your binocular.Tell us how you like it if you get one.
Steve M

#6 mooreorless

mooreorless

Just worried

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:45 PM

Here is a picture.

Attached Thumbnails

• 556884-i712299sq01.jpg

#7 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 August 2005 - 12:22 AM

I have one of these cases and they're excellent protection.

#8 mooreorless

mooreorless

Just worried

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:07 AM

Hello Xenophobe,Welcome aboard,thanks for the "heads up" about this product.This is on my list of things to get.
Steve M

#9 ChrisR

ChrisR

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

If you are looking for a hard watertight case look at the Pelican cases. They have rip out foam cubes to make you bino's snug. They also have a lifetime warranty excluding bear shark and 8 year olds attacks.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics