•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Oberwerk 10 x 50

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

• topic starter

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:08 AM

Given that " most " members here ( and elsewhere ) would seem to agree that 10 x 50 is about THE greatest all -round specification for hand - held binoculars , and given the increasingly good reputation of Oberwerk binoculars and the back -up service of the main dealer of them K.B at B.B.com. I find it somewhat surprising that not a single review or reference to this model is available here at the CN bino forum.

The model is water - proof and appears VERY reasonably priced and comes with a special recommendation from Kevin.

I wonder why no -one seems to have been attracted to this model ?

Has anyone here actually tried one ?

Regards , Kenny

#2 Swedpat

Swedpat

Surveyor 1

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:44 AM

Kenny,

I have had a thought about the Oberwerk 10x50, but didn't go further with it. I also wonder why this model isn't reviewed or even not mentioned by the alternatives of 10x50 binos for astronomy.

Patric

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:16 AM

Well Kenny. The corrective action is clear--buy one. We eagerly await your write-up. ;)

#4 Steve Napier

Steve Napier

Surveyor 1

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:02 AM

Ha Ha,you"ve dropped yourself in it there Kenny,perhaps after you"ve bought a pair you could pass them round the forum? We all eagerly await your review Kenny :waytogo:
Steve.

#5 Chopin

Chopin

Canis Insanus

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:56 AM

Yes Kenny, I'll wait for your review, anxiously! :grin:

Seriously though, being that I know of no decent nearby bino shops in Eastern CT, this forum is an outstanding potluck of references, and opinions. And ironically, a pair of 10x50 binos is the next purchase on my list. The race is already tight between the Pentax PCFs and the Orion Ultraviews, but hey, I'd be happy to add another to the party! :smirk:

#6 cota_scope

cota_scope

Ranger 4

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:42 AM

yes kenny let us know if you get a pair, last time i talked with kevin he said they were so so. john

#7 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

• topic starter

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:05 AM

< yes kenny let us know if you get a pair, last time i talked with kevin he said they were so so. john >

This is FIELD MARSHALL JONES you're talking to here John :-)

If Kevin himself rates them only as " so so " , surely they aren't going to be good enough for ME ! :-)

By the way John , is it true this Obie 10 x 50 is the only binocular you have NEVER owned ? -- :-)

Regards , Kenny

#8 johnno

johnno

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:16 AM

Hi All,
I have been watching this thread with great interest,
Kenny's first question was why have 10x50 "waterproof" binoculars NOT been reviewed.
Is it possible that the "water-proofing" is not long term successful?.
Regards.John

#9 cota_scope

cota_scope

Ranger 4

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:47 PM

By the way John , is it true this Obie 10 x 50 is the only binocular you have NEVER owned ? -- :-)

Regards , Kenny [/quote] kenny i'm tempted to buy a pair so i can let you know (ha ha) regards john

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics