•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

where to place...........

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 January 2004 - 09:29 PM

I have just set up my first scope a hardin 6" Dobs. I also bought a telrad for it, now my ? is where do I mount the Telrad. It will also be used by my 8yr old son. Does anyone have any suggestions on where the best place to mount the new finder. :question:

#2 Mike Hosea

Mike Hosea

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 22 January 2004 - 09:44 PM

I like to place the finder as far forward as possible and on top of the tube (as opposed to being on the other side of the tube from the focuser, tilted away from me). The idea is to have to bend by neck and back the least when trying to look through it with the scope pointing up (hence as far forward as possible) and on top rather than on the other side, so that I don't have to walk around the scope to get to it. Just mind that you don't put it so close to the focuser though that you bump your forehead on it when looking through the eyepiece. On a small Newt, you might have to have it a little bit on the other side. It's not a big deal if you can get to it without walking around.

#3 Tom L

Tom L

ISS

Posted 22 January 2004 - 09:48 PM

As previously stated. I mounted it on a 1" block between the focuser and the finder. I think I would prefer to replace the finder with the telrad (removing it and putting the telrad in its place).

#4 Stacy

Stacy

Star Partyer

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:49 PM

I would mount it temporarily with some duct tape or something until you find what works best for you. Also, don’t put it where you could accidentally breathe on it. :p

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics