First of all, I want to thank you for the awesome job you've made with iAstroHub development.
I am to use it on a handmade, foldable dobson on an equatorial table + autoguided rocker:
the original Strock telescope (named from it's inventor's name: Pierre Strock):
My small 200mm (not yet used for astrophotography):
The equatorial platform:
The arduino command (that takes the ST4 commands for autoguiding purposes):
The latest evolutions of my telescope:
And the pictures I made with it (yet without autoguiding):
I suceeded in installing iAstroHub v2.2 on a RP3.
I got 2 difficulties:
- Just needed to findout that Canon EOS450d is using the same protocol as EOS1000d... ;-(
- Just needed to connect my pc by wifi on iAstroHub in order to connect the VNC client for autoguiding camera settings... USB connexion couldn't work for that purpose...
As a result, I can take pictures with the camera, and see the QHY5LIIc autoguiding camera's screen. ;-)
Real testing on stars will be done tomorrow!
I just have some questions:
- shutdown : what happens if it is not properly done? screen says that the led would switch off, but it doesn't... I see that the wifi is off (ipad losts connexion), and thats all.
- Sky Safari : is the plus version necessary if I don't use the goto? I just need to display the result of the plate solving...
- settings : must I set the type of camera (Canon), and the protocol (1000d) each time I switchon the system?
- autoguiding : what means the RA and DEC gains (main page), and how does work the Alert threshold?
Thank you in advance, and thank you again!
Christophe - France.