•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Bosma?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 RonS

RonS

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:04 AM

I was searching older threads and found someone posted a link to this site http://www.telescope-service.com/, they have some interesting scopes in there. One brand I never heard of "Bosma". Anyone know anything about these scopes? They look cool at least!
http://www.telescope...utovsstart.html

Attached Thumbnails

• 580327-MK150Astro5.jpg

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:35 PM

I'm not 100% certain, but that may be the same scope that's marketed under the Knous brand. I did a Cloudy Nights Report on the Konus 150 Motormax that describes the good/bad. In the review, there is a link to the Bosma website.

The photos in the link you posted show some subtle differences, so this may be an improved version of what is marketed by Konus. The Bosma site shows model 100102 as being close to what your photo shows.

#3 RonS

RonS

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:57 PM

Ah, ok thanks. I'll look for your review then. It does look similar in the body to a Konus, I bet your right then, thanks for the response :)

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:13 AM

Bosma is a Chinese telescope company based in Guangzhou(Canton), it provide OEM service to Meade and other company

#5 RonS

RonS

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the info. :)

#6 stanislas

stanislas

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 07 September 2005 - 12:26 PM

Hi,
Not involved in any commercial link. But I own a 102-1000 refractor scope and it is OK. see the mars forum for some observations from me and if CN will publish my review for the refractor.
A little heavy but performing honnestly on the planet.
For me the mak is not a konus, the tube is almost 450-500mm lenght which is a good thing with a primary ratio of 3 minimum. Less aberration.
If it is as of the same level as my refractor for the quality it shall be a good OTA, not perfect but something like good. Expected obstruction 0.36-0.38.
Never has in my hand but looks on better design dimensions.
To be followed with review owners.
Stanislas

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics