•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Collapsible Dob Base DIY For A Lightbridge 16

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#51 Project Galileo

Project Galileo

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

Ta Da! The font is the same as the stock decals. I really like the subdued gray. There are new gray decals on both sides just like stock.

Posted Image

#52 Project Galileo

Project Galileo

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:16 AM

This view also shows the stock eyepiece holder and the altitude brake installed. The altitude brake works as it did when stock. Not so well. I never have used it. I installed it just to keep it looking stock. You can also see the original pivot bearing hardware through the side hole. This mount is complete and works magnificently. I am very pleased.

Posted Image

#53 rlmxracer

rlmxracer

Ranger 4

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

Outstanding work. I wish I would have came across your build a bit sooner. The tape before cutting is a great tip. I just rebuilt my 10" dob base and went the collapsible route also. I like your tooless design. How did you get the Ebonystar perfectly centered for the az bearing?

Attached Thumbnails

• 6502478-Jupiter.JPG

#54 Mason Dixon

Mason Dixon

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

Great job with all the mod's....thanks for detailing each one so well....very inspiring.

What are the final dimensions & weight of the base? What percentage of that weight is the laminate?

Have any pics/link to your observing chair?

How accurate can you get with your push-to android phone mod?

#55 piaras

piaras

Apollo

• -----

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

Here are two views of my version of a Flat-Pak base.

Pierre

Attached Thumbnails

• open.jpg
  • closed.jpg

#56 Project Galileo

Project Galileo

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

I will measure the final measurements.  I got sidetracked and then lost this thread after the change over.  Also,  great base Piaras!

#57 Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

This view also shows the stock eyepiece holder and the altitude brake installed. The altitude brake works as it did when stock. Not so well. I never have used it. I installed it just to keep it looking stock. You can also see the original pivot bearing hardware through the side hole. This mount is complete and works magnificently. I am very pleased.

10310536_10203680994722414_7903135537343

I wish the pictures were still here. I'm assuming they were lost during the website move. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics