•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

How do i take my Mirror out of my scope?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 February 2004 - 08:29 AM

Hello Everyone,

I havnt a clue with this so hopefully someone can help me out i am sure it's a simple thing but i need help :).

I need to clean my mirror in my scope and i cant do it untill i figure how to take it out!. There are 3 screws at the bottom of my scope and many at the bottom side of my scope. Never collimated the scope so i dont want to totally knacker the alignment etc!. I have no idea what screws do what.

My scope is a Helios explorer 200mm reflector 1000f/l f/5.

Regards

James :tonofbricks:

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 February 2004 - 08:45 AM

Here is 2 pic's of my scope! 1st pic the bottom of my scope showing 3 screws, the second showing the bottom side of my scope there are 6 screws here.

Thanks

james :confused:

Attached Thumbnails

• 48287-Set3_182.jpg

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 February 2004 - 08:46 AM

:confused:

Attached Thumbnails

• 48288-Set3_183.jpg

#4 BCB

BCB

Undercover Saboteur

Posted 01 February 2004 - 09:54 AM

Lo m8

The screws around the sides (last pic) holds the complete cell/mirror assembly to the tube. Those are the screws to take out. Be SURE to rotate the tube so the cell assy is slightly pointing up. Otherwise, it'll fall out n prob land on your feet when you remove the last screw. If your not comfortable with doing it yourself, get a m8 (no punters allowed ;) ) to hold the cell while you take the screws out.

The ones on the bottom are for collimating the primary to secondary/EP. (last step in a proper collimation)

DO NOT remove the screws off the bottom..

Once you have the cell assy out, you should find the mirror held in by a set of clips, holding it at the edge. Remove the clips, grab the mirror around the edges, and lift it straight up.. Voila, mirror removed for cleaning..

#5 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 February 2004 - 09:57 AM

Hello BCB,

Thanks for your help matey i am on to right way :).

Very good instruction's from you should be ok now thanks matey!:)

Regards

James

#6 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 February 2004 - 10:08 AM

Hi again,

Got my mirror out easy, thanks again that was Huge Help, gee my Mirror is filthy not suprised though a Bird got inside my scoe last night and left a right mess( no poo before you ask lol ) luckly there is no scratch's :).

Thanks

James :jump:

#7 BCB

BCB

Undercover Saboteur

Posted 01 February 2004 - 10:13 AM

LOLOL

Glad you got it apart, n no damage was found..

How the he** did you have a bird get in there ? LOL ( birds of a feather) Considering the brit meaning of bird, I'm :roflmao:

Next time, try n remember to put the cover on it when yer done lad. :)

#8 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 February 2004 - 11:59 AM

**** yeah, i had left the scope for 2 mins whilst getting my laptop from inside my house hen i got back i heard a noise coming from my scope( very stephen king i can tell ya) looked down scope and a black bird was in there so i slapped the scope to get it out flew off and left a mess lol.....

Good news i hae cleaned mirror and it looks far better than when i bought it!.

Yours(scared)

James

Thanks

#9 Dennis

Dennis

Apollo

• -----

Posted 01 February 2004 - 12:18 PM

Mabey it was attracted to the pretty bird at the bottom of the tube :shocked: Very funny story!!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics