•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

2" Eyepieces on a C-8

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thom_Tapp

Thom_Tapp

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:46 AM

What would I have to do to use 2" eyepieces on my orange tube C-8? Would I see much difference?

Thanks!
Thom Tapp

#2 khoferer

khoferer

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:33 AM

Hi,

You would need a diagonal that accepts 2" eyepieces and, depending on the model you might choose, an upgrade to your visual back. Generally speaking, you will be able to see a wider field of view with 2" eyepieces. Any differences you might see would depend on which eyepieces are chosen at a given focal length.

Clear skies,
Kevin

#3 Burnim

Burnim

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:00 AM

The load on my original N8 (single fork) with a 2" diagonal and a big, fat, 2" ep required counter weights. Motors didn't like it much.

B

#4 John_Gillies

John_Gillies

Surveyor 1

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:50 AM

Hi Thom,

Let's see...you're asking about 2" eyepieces here and about focal reducers over there. You might want to consider a diagonal upgrade to a Denkmeier 2" Power x Switch Star Diagonal. Their #S1 model has a Dual Arm Power X Switch that enables focal reduction and barlowing with only the slide of a switch. So with one eyepiece you get 3 magnifications without changing anything out. You can use 2" and 1.25" eyepieces. Give Denkmeier's website a look over.

Attached Thumbnails

• 606043-Small Copy of #S1 for single eyepieces.jpg

#5 sixela

sixela

Hubble

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:09 AM

Hi Thom,

Let's see...you're asking about 2" eyepieces here and about focal reducers over there.

I'd have to add that it's usually pointless to try to combine the two for *even* wider views - on the C8, the secondary baffle's clear aperture restricts the illuminated field anyway.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics